• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamaware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamaware

My wife and I won the Euro Millions Lottery of £53 Million British Pounds and we have voluntarily decided to donate €1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) to 5 individuals randomly as part of our own charity project.

To verify our lottery winnings,please see our interview by visiting the web page below:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...oMillions.html

After a computer spinball,your email address was among the 5 random emails which were submitted to us by the Google, Inc as a web user; if you have received our email, kindly send us the below details so that we can transfer your €1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) in your name or direct our offshore paying bank to effect the transfer of the funds to your designated bank account in your own country.

Full Names:
    Mobile No:

Send your response to: xxxxxxxxxxqq.com

Best Regards,
    Richard & Angela Maxwell

Comment

• Re: Post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamaware

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      My wife and I won the Euro Millions Lottery of £53 Million British Pounds and we have voluntarily decided to donate €1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) to 5 individuals randomly as part of our own charity project.

To verify our lottery winnings,please see our interview by visiting the web page below:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...oMillions.html

After a computer spinball,your email address was among the 5 random emails which were submitted to us by the Google, Inc as a web user; if you have received our email, kindly send us the below details so that we can transfer your €1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) in your name or direct our offshore paying bank to effect the transfer of the funds to your designated bank account in your own country.

Full Names:
      Mobile No:

Send your response to: xxxxxxxxxxqq.com

Best Regards,
      Richard & Angela Maxwell
      qq.com = chinese company

要闻

=clue

Comment

Gee I'm so lucky - Facebook want to give me US$950,000. Cannot wait to get it.
        Here's the proof.

From the Desk of the President
        International Promotions Prize Award
        Batch Number: FB-0281/544
        Ticket Number: FB-172-60

The entire Facebook team are very happy to inform you that your name appears on the Facebook Online International Lottery and we are giving out US$950,000 which is what you have just won.

Your name was selected in a raffle so we need your fast response so that we can proceed with the claim process of your winnings.

Your name was selected by Mr. Mark Zuckerberg the CEO of Facebook through a random select award.

Kindly contact Mr. Thomas Charlse the General Secretary of the Facebook Team and appointed as your claims officer with the following information.
        Full Name
        Residential Address
        Private mobile phone number
        Marital status
        Sex
        City
        State
        Country
        Zip/Post Code

As soon as he gets your information, he will tell you what to do next regards claiming and receiving your winnings of US$950,000

FBI Scam Protected.
        For security reasons, we ask you to keep this notification strictly private until your claim had s been processed.

So, you can see I have a truckload of cash coming my day any day now (oops I was supposed to keep that quiet)
        I wonder why they need so much private information from me. Couldn't possibly be scammers could they - after all it is Facebook?
        You can read my blog on scammers, spammers and time-wasters at https://fightback.ninja

And you can hear me on Brooklands Radio every Tuesday and Friday morning at 11:30 at http://www.brooklandsradio.co.uk

The Fightback Ninja
        sigpic

Comment

I regularly get ones to do with a new message on LinkedIn(never click on direct link)

Or it's a voicemail that comes via Whatsapp(yes I have it but NEVER use it).

Not sure if you have heard about James Veitch but he is very very funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QdPW8JrYzQ

And his follow up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Uc-cztsJo
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

An email titled ‘Earn Unlimited Dollars Today’ from Pamela Cambell pertness@selamith.com
            So the scammer has a sense of humour. “Selamith” can be read as “Sell a Myth”
            It is with great pleasure that we inform you of this amazing opportunity with one of the best companies in the world
            Salary: $90,000
            Hours: You Decide.
            Only 2 spots remain.
            It’s just a phishing scam of course. They want me to click the ACCEPT button which then goes to a website asking for confidential information so they can process my application.
            As you expect, there is no job, just a ridiculously improbable message, but unfortunately some people will reply believing this to be their opportunity.
            An unknown unspecified company that doesn’t even know your name offers you a job on $90,000 for hours that you decide. Hhmm very likely. NOT.
            You can read my blog on scammers, spammers and time-wasters at https://fightback.ninja

And you can hear me on Brooklands Radio every Tuesday and Friday morning at 11:30 at http://www.brooklandsradio.co.uk

The Fightback Ninja
            sigpic

Comment

FBI Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
              J.Edgar Hoover Building
              935 Pennsylvania Avenue, Nw Washington, D.C. 20423-0002
              ATTENTION: BENEFICIARY

This is to officially inform you that we have completed an investigation on an International Payment in which was issued to you by an International Lottery Company. With the help of our newly developed technology (International Monitoring Network System) we discovered that your e-mail address was automatically selected by an Online Balloting System, this has legally won you the sum of $7.4million USD from a Lottery Company outside the United States of America. We have authorized this winning to be paid to you via SWIFT ATM CARD.

The stated amount of $7.4million USD has been deposited with IMF. We have completed this investigation and you are hereby approved to receive the winning prize as we have verified the entire transaction to be Safe and 100% risk free, due to the fact that the funds have been deposited with IMF you will be required to settle the following bills directly to the Agent in-charge of this transaction whom is located in Cotonou, Benin Republic. According to our discoveries, you were required to pay for the following,

(1) Deposit Fee's ( IMF INTERNATIONAL CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE )

CONTACT AGENT NAME:MR.Chris Harris
              CALL:+229-95571371
              E-MAIL christopherharris726@gmail.com)

You will be required to e-mail him with the following information:

FULL NAME:
              ADDRESS:
              STATE:
              ZIP CODE:
              DIRECT CONTACT NUMBER:

You will also be required to request Western Union or Money Gram details on how to send the required $157.00 in order to immediately ship your prize of $7.4million USD via SWIFT ATM CARD from IMF, also include the following transaction code in order for him to immediately identify this transaction: (TPS074P_CL41). This letter will serve as proof that the Federal Bureau of Investigation is authorizing you to pay the required $157.00 ONLY to Mr.Harris information in which he shall send to you,

Federal Bureau of Investigation F B I
              MR.JAMES B.COMEY DIRECTOR FBI,
              III Director Office of Public Affairs

Comment

Send $157 and get $7.4 million in return. Would be a great bargain if it were true.

Didn't know the FBI had a branch devoted to looking after overseas lottery winners.
                Sadly they cannot afford FBI email addresses and have to use gmail instead.

The Fightback Ninja
                sigpic

Comment

THE SUM OF TWO(2) MILLION ($) has been AWARDED to your email in ''EURO PROMO'' Held this MARCH 2017.

CLAIM BY SENDING

NAME....

ADDRESS...

TEL...

REPLY TO: aschne11@iw.net

Comment

Attention Customer,

You have received this email because you are a Customer of Western Union Money
                    Transfer.
                    I have been trying to get in-touch with you on phone
                    before I traveled. I have handed over your funds of $ 2,500.000.00 USD to the
                    new Director here Rev. Innocent Johnson. I have remitted the first payment of
                    $5,000 with the help of my working partner Rev. Innocent Johnson to you and
                    here is the information.

Money Transfer Control Number M.T.C.N: 551-999-3805
                    Sender’s First Name: PETER
                    Sender’s Last Name: CHUKWU
                    Text Question:.......RIGHT
                    Answer: .............NOW

I told him to keep sending you $ 5,000 USD daily until the payment of $
                    2,500.000.00 USD is completed and again forward them your Telephone number,Full
                    Name, Your Country and address so that they will be ure.Please,contact: Rev.
                    Innocent Johnson with the below details:

Contact Person: Rev. Innocent Johnson
                    Phone: +229-68518408
                    Email Address: rev.innocent.johnson@gmail.com

Noted: If there is any problem with the transfer, do contact Rev. Innocent
                    Johnson and he will solve it for you. The care of the funds is under his
                    custody now.

Regards,
                    Nico Flower

Comment

A message supposedly from Lloyds Bank but actually from noreply @omsk.su

The domain suffix "su" indicates the former USSR - didn't know Lloyds bank had moved that far.

The subject is "New banking authentication System"
                      The email goes on about how I am required to confirm my personal details and won't be able to access my online banking until I do.

Please click this link

As usual with phishing emails there's no contact details, no physical address, they called me "Dear Valued Customer" instead of using my name and so on.

A poor quality attempt at phishing to get my personal details.

The Fightback Ninja
                      sigpic

Comment

Mystery Shopper Phishing Scam
                        The mystery shopper scam has been popular for some months with barrages of emails promising you can be a mystery shopper - just go into your high street shops and write a review and you will be very well paid for just a few hours per week.

None of this is true of course - the very few companies that actually do employ mystery shoppers pay peanuts - because they know there is an army of people desperate for that work.
                        But the latest version of the phishing message is very simplified.

Hello,

we have a customer service survey assignment for you in your location. We will pay you $300 per assignment which would come in the form of a check along with comprehensive details in regards to the assignment.

The job entails an evaluation visit to a high street store.
                        Send information below to get started.

Full name, address, mobile phone number, gender, age. email address.

Thanks for your participation
                        Adams Coleman
                        HR Manager

The Fightback Ninja
                        sigpic

Comment

Never trust a Banker - money money money

Comment

JP Morgan Chase Bank in New York want to pay me $2,000,000 - how kind of them. Just what I wanted.

Apparently, the British Petroleum Company and the UK Finance Ministry have authorised payment to me.
                            The sender says that I have messed about with this money by a miscreant from Africa and promises that the delays end today.

I just need to obtain a non-resident clearance form and payment will be made within 6 hours.

I must forward my details:-
                            name, address, phone number, occupation, gender, age, nationality and country of residence.

Hhmm. This is obviously a very silly story with little effort to hide that the writer is a scammer.
                            The scammer doesn't even know my name - not so good at her job.
                            The email senders address is JP Morgan Chase Bank of USA but is actually jp.morganbak so she can't spell bank.

The person I have to send details to has a Yahoo address - doesn't sound like a bank employee to me.
                            And I have never dealt with African scammers so their tactic of trying to reassure me they are different to people who have tried to scam me is a long shot.

Just another stupid phishing email.

The Fightback Ninja
                            sigpic

Comment

The Global Investment Development Authority in Paris is expanding its portfolio globally and wants to invest in my business or project or whatever I wish to invest in.

Shame they don't actually who I am or what business i'm in but I'm sure that's a minor point.

After all, if they have tons of cash to give away - then who am I to say NO.

I just have to send my details to Roberts Colins of GIDA and his email is robertscolins [MENTION=14779]Mai[/MENTION]l.com.tr

Shame that GIDA cannot afford their own email domain and have to use a generic one instead and cannot afford a Marketing Email system so they have to use 163.com instead to send out the invites.

Obviously they give away all of their money and forget to keep some for themselves.

On second thoughts - maybe I won't send them my details.

The Fightback Ninja
                              sigpic

Comment

An email from BMW Sales Lottery tells me I'm a winner

Yippee! I've won a new BMW series 7 car and a check for $500,000.

This scammer wants to cover all bases - the big car plus a load of cash in case the recipient isn't into cars.

The email tells me that this BMW lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board so no chance of anything underhand going on - such as a TOTAL SCAM

To get my car full of cash I just have to send in my details - name, address, nationality, age, phone number, email address etc. and the magic pin number quoted in the email: BMW:2551256780921562315/67 to albertson.bmwclaims1472 @ gmail.com

I don't think I'll bother.

The Fightback Ninja
                                sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X