• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell solicitors have applied for a ccj, please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell solicitors have applied for a ccj, please help!

Much obliged Di, I can finally get them filled in and sent off.

Thanks

Micky

Comment

Evening everyone,

Today I have sent off copies of the DQ's signed for delivery to the County Court Business Centre and to Lowell Solicitors. Quick question after looking at the DQ's that Lowell Solicitors sent to me, in question 3 they have stated that nobody will be there to represent them and have indicated 0 in the box?

Is there any relevance to this as in being a good thing for myself?

Many thanks

Micky

Comment

seen on most forms these days, wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          seen on most forms these days, wait and see
          Lowell solicitors staff are still on Janet & John books there's no won sufficiently bright they can send to court.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Lowell solicitors staff are still on Janet & John books there's no won sufficiently bright they can send to court.

nem
            :judgey:
            Heard two lost their way to a court months ago and were never found!

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
              :judgey:
              Heard two lost their way to a court months ago and were never found!
              The wonder of the vanishing brain cell!!msl:

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Darter245 View Post
                after looking at the DQ's that Lowell Solicitors sent to me, in question 3 they have stated that nobody will be there to represent them and have indicated 0 in the box?

Is there any relevance to this as in being a good thing for myself?
                I don't think you should read anything into that.

As long as one party says they'll be attending there will be a hearing listed.

If either party doesn't turn up then they will be vulnerable to losing since they won't be there to answer the DJ's questions, or be available to be cross examined on their evidence (if necessary) by the other party.

You can advise the court in advance (at least seven days before the hearing) that you will not attend and ask the court to rely on your written evidence.

You've answered that question correctly on your DQ

Di

Comment

Evening everyone and thanks for your input. So as usual I guess it's back to waiting to see what happens next or how Lowell decide to play things out.

Thanks

Micky

Comment

Evening everyone,

Just a quick update, I received a phone call from mediation this last week. I told the lady I couldn't answer Yes to her question about having all the relevant information necessary to proceed, so just waiting to hear back from the Court Centre now.

Thanks

Micky

Comment

• Re: Lowell solicitors have applied for a ccj, please help!

Originally posted by piratepeter63 View Post
                      darter 45
                      dont stress ive been to court twice over a vodafone debt, and got it ajourned twice, once on lowell submitting witness statements late two days prior to the court case, and the second time no evidence to back up there claim, the courts are fully aware lowells buy debts.
                      But are they aware of the tricks that Lowell get up to.
                      Just one point; most LIP deal with these questions once or twice in a lifetime owells do it on a daily basis.

Comment

Evening everyone,

Just a quick update, I received a phone call from mediation this last week. I told the lady I couldn't answer Yes to her question about having all the relevant information necessary to proceed, so just waiting to hear back from the Court Centre now.

Thanks

Micky
                        Good morning Micky,

You will hear from your local county court once a judge has looked at the paperwork and gives directions as to how the claim should proceed.

nem

Comment

Evening nem,

I understand if the claim does proceed to court it may take months before I get a date due to the backlog in the Court system. Could it still be the case that things don't actually proceed that far? I mean in terms of this just being a case of the numptys from Lowell's just beating their chests and hoping that I blink first. They still haven't provided one jot of relevant paperwork.

Thanks Micky.

Comment

I mean in terms of this just being a case of the numptys from Lowell's just beating their chests and hoping that I blink first. They still haven't provided one jot of relevant paperwork..
                            My reaction to your post is to say what a Judge said to me recently (at a costs assessment hearing) which was "law is a business".

That's the long and the short of it.

You have a £725 claim (give or take). I have no knowledge of what Lowells would have paid for it when they purchased the debt from the OC but the 'going rate' is 10% of the outstanding balance.

The 'first to blink' analogy is relevant, but at the same time I would expect them to factor into their budget the loss of not blinking if they issue 10,000 claims a week of which 87% go undefended so they get an automatic Default Judgment (CCJ).

On the plus side if the Claimant has not disclosed "one jot of relevant paperwork" as you say then they should consider blinking

Di

Comment

Evening Di,

They issue 10,000 claims a week, WOW!! I did read somewhere that they pay peanuts to purchase the debt. I think I will remain to stay positive and quietly confident, pointless being a defeatist. I know they like to play their little games and try to pass information on when it suits themselves. However as we stand right now after repeated requests I have had nothing worthwhile only re-hashed rubbish. Hopefully I will get a judge that see's things more than just a business.

Thanks

Micky

Comment

as we stand right now after repeated requests I have had nothing worthwhile only re-hashed rubbish.
                                At the risk of sounding like a party pooper who has told you that the paperwork you've been sent is "re-hashed rubbish"?

Was it a professional?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X