• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RBS and defaults

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS and defaults

I hope someone can help me. In October 2016 RBS sent me numerous recorded delivery letters advising that my accounts , credit cards and mortgage accounts were all being closed for "commercial reasons". Have never missed a payment or done anything even vaguely unusual with my accounts and no one would give me any information. Have had accounts with them for more than 20 years so it was really very annoying.

The two current accounts both had overdraft facilities. One was a joint account with my husband, I was main account holder. I contacted the account closures with regards the overdraft debt which was in total around £3300. I would struggle to pay that since I had not allowed for in financially. My new current account with Barclays did not have an OD facility and I did not want one. They advised the debt would be passed to a debt collection agency and as long as I formed an agreement with them and made payments as per this agreement there would be no penalties or defaults on my credit file.

This is what happened and moorcroft were in touch in Jan and they set up the agreement and have taken the first payment.

However, RBS have put two defaults on my credit file and one on my husbands also ( joint account remember). They agree that I have done everything they asked me to but that since I have defaulted the overdraft agreement they can put a default on my account. I challenged them to please specify which credit agreement they are referring to, they had no answer to this and told me I had to speak to account closures, who say it is nothing to do with them and they will not take a complaint.

This is a big problem, my rating has dropped from 800s to 300s with experian. Similar with equifax, was in process of switching my mortgage which would have saved me £600 per month and this has all fallen through.

Please help, I have done nothing wrong and am still being penalised.
    Tags: None

Re: RBS and defaults

Please if someone can get back to me about this!! Not sure if I am going wrong somewhere....

Comment

I would ask RBS to clarify the reason for account closures " For Commercial" reasons what do they mean.
      I would send a Subject Access Request to RBS and another to Moorcroft.

I am sure a more experienced member will comment and guide you better that I.
      I have no ;legal training or knowledge and I think that is who you need to give advice on these issues but I think the SAR's are your first step.

Sparkie

Comment

'Resolver' might be a good idea.
        https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/rbs-complaints
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Gulafroze View Post
          In October 2016 RBS sent me numerous recorded delivery letters advising that my accounts , credit cards and mortgage accounts were all being closed for "commercial reasons". Have never missed a payment or done anything even vaguely unusual with my accounts and no one would give me any information.
          Overdraft faciliies can be recalled whenever a bank feels like it. They can also stop you making any new transactions of a credit card. But there is no way they can "close" a morgage account (unless there is a linked offset account?).

Have you checked to see if you have any fraud markers linked to your name, see https://debtcamel.co.uk/name-fraud-database/.

Have you put in a complaint in writing? If not, you should do this as sooon as possible and take the case to the Finanical Ombudsman.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X