• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Non-response to a SAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-response to a SAR

Hi,

I have issued a SAR to someone who has ignored it. I have reported it to the ICO but they have a big backlog.

I want to get a court order to make him comply but don't know how to do it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks in advance.

Val
    Tags: None

Re: Non-response to a SAR

Is the person you have submitted the SAR to registered as a data controller with the ICO - is it a firm ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Is the person you have submitted the SAR to registered as a data controller with the ICO - is it a firm ?
      Hi yes he is registered, it's a hotel/wine bar.

Comment

Okay, so you have sent a formal subject access request and the max fee of £10, and they have not responded to you within 40 days ?

There is some information here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...6593#post96593 about next steps ( have a look through the thread - it's quite old so will need checking over )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

You may find these useful.
          https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...ccess-request/

https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organis...f-practice.pdf

Sparkie

Comment

I used the template letter from the ICO website that says "If you need any more information from me, or a fee, please let me know as soon as possible. So no I didn't send the £10. He has completely ignored the request. I sent a reminder and he refused delivery. I'll read through the forum and try to see what to do. I don't want to wait for the ICO as I think he will get rid of the CCTV I've asked for, as it will show him and his bar manager assaulting me.

Comment

Originally posted by valgem34 View Post
              I used the template letter from the ICO website that says "If you need any more information from me, or a fee, please let me know as soon as possible. So no I didn't send the £10. He has completely ignored the request. I sent a reminder and he refused delivery. I'll read through the forum and try to see what to do. I don't want to wait for the ICO as I think he will get rid of the CCTV I've asked for, as it will show him and his bar manager assaulting me.
              Shouldn't the police be investigating an alleged assault, and securing the CCTV evidence themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Arcadian View Post
                Shouldn't the police be investigating an alleged assault, and securing the CCTV evidence themselves?
                Sorry for the delay in replying, I had to go away for a few days.
                The police won't investigate as the person involved told them in August last year that his machine re-writes itself every 3 months and so it's deleted (that is not true). Last month after I had gone on and on at the police they finally called him for an interview. He attended with an edited version of the cctv which didn't show the assault. Apparently it's ok to lie to the police for 6 months as they've accepted what he showed them. That is why I want to get a court order to make him give me the whole cctv not the parts that suit him.

Comment

[QUOTE=Amethyst;712722]Okay, so you have sent a formal subject access request and the max fee of £10, and they have not responded to you within 40 days ?

There is some information here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...6593#post96593 about next steps ( have a look through the thread - it's quite old so will need checking over )

Hi, I followed this link and submitted an N1 form but the Judge has rejected my application and said I have to go through P8, any suggestions please.

Comment

Hi, I followed this link and submitted an N1 form but the Judge has rejected my application and said I have to go through P8, any suggestions please.

Comment

Okay, did you put any monetary value on the claim at all ? I think it was always a bit transparent trying to get in part 7 with a random moneyclaim tacked on to be honest - I haven't dealt with a part 8 claim for a long time though. I know the costs/risk is a lot higher than a MoneyClaim.

I'll see if I can dig some bits out for you.

First though - have you spoken with the ICO about the situation at all ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi, I did put in a claim of 300 for damages etc, they have said I need to pay another £320 to have it looked at as a Part 8. I reported it to the ICO in January but they have a big backlog....my problem with waiting for them is that the person I'm trying to get the info from is such I liar he'll say he hasn't got the info anymore. He's told the police 3 times he didn't have it then turned up with some of it 6 months later. I've asked my MP to get onto the police about them looking at it again but they aren't very good down here on the Isle of Wight. To be honest I don't see what the ICO can do about it if he says he doesn't have it even though I know he has. I'm exasperated. ICO told me any action would be small claims then when I do that the court rejects it, I'm going around in circles

Comment

Presumably, CPR Part 8?
                          https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...l/rules/part08
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks charitynjw, I was hoping to find a way to get them to accept the N1, any ideas?

Comment

I'm afraid I would agree with the judge on this one. As regards to SARs the usual procedure would be Part 8 unless there is a substantial issue of fact in dispute or where the result of non-compliance with a SAR has resulted in causing damage to you in some way, at that point a PART 7 claim would come into play.

If you are only after the CCTV, I can't see how the that would fall under Part 7 and tag on damages for non-compliance.
                              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X