• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice required please on PRA and full and final settlement.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice required please on PRA and full and final settlement.

Hi, I've read with interest some of the posts on here and find them very helpful. However, I can't find anything in the forum specific to my problem. I have an outstanding debt with PRA that started life as a defaulted MBNA card from 2009, initial agreement started in 2004ish....
    I have been paying it back through Moneysolve. I have been gifted some money and called PRA yesterday to offer a full and final settlement - I received a call from them today advising me that my offer had been declined. As most of the debt belongs to my ex partner, although in my name I requested a copy of the original agreement and a complete statement of account - in the hope I can get my ex to cough up for some of her wild spending. I was told by the operator that they do not have any paperwork relating to the debt and are unable to retrieve it from the original lender. My question is, have I inadvertently opened a can of worms in relation to the enforcement of this debt, an d can I use this to strengthen my case for a full and final settlement?
    Regards
    AFC
    Tags: None

Re: Advice required please on PRA and full and final settlement.

Bumping this one to the top, could really do with some help please. Thankd

Comment

Originally posted by AFC View Post
      Hi, I've read with interest some of the posts on here and find them very helpful. However, I can't find anything in the forum specific to my problem. I have an outstanding debt with PRA that started life as a defaulted MBNA card from 2009, initial agreement started in 2004ish....
      I have been paying it back through Moneysolve. I have been gifted some money and called PRA yesterday to offer a full and final settlement - I received a call from them today advising me that my offer had been declined. As most of the debt belongs to my ex partner, although in my name I requested a copy of the original agreement and a complete statement of account - in the hope I can get my ex to cough up for some of her wild spending. I was told by the operator that they do not have any paperwork relating to the debt and are unable to retrieve it from the original lender. My question is, have I inadvertently opened a can of worms in relation to the enforcement of this debt, an d can I use this to strengthen my case for a full and final settlement?
      Regards
      AFC
      Hi
      The best way to strengthen your case, is to check to make sure all the papers are in order and compliant with the Consumer Credit Act 1974, if the creditors house isnt in order, then you can raise this as a negotiating point to assist you with settlement
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by AFC View Post
        Bumping this one to the top, could really do with some help please.
        You subsequently started another thread on this topic yesterday and we had a conversation about it there in the nick of time it seems

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...894#post717894

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X